Subject: Re: EthernetCards
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 10:00:17
>I am about to start looking for an EtherNet card for my MacIIx running MacB=
SD.
>I've looked a little and can't seem to find any that are under $170.  If
>I'm gonna pay that much, I want to make sure it will work before hand...
>can anyone give me advice on what "current" (ie. still being sold) nubus
>ethernetcards will work, or will I be better off hunting *.forsale
>newsgroups and garage sales for an older Mac II EtherNetCard?

The Asant=E9 MacCon IIiNB Ethernet cards have worked VERY WELL in our Mac II
(there are now 2 cards installed)...  It was the first card that worked
right from the moment we plugged it in...

I know that the Dayna EtherPort Card for the MacII DOES NOT WORK, so you
will want to stay clear of it.

I think the Asant=E9 cards are about $145 from Mac Warehouse....

Hope this helps.

__
Tank (SPM)                 Sean P. McNamara
                           The Planet Group, Inc.
Tank@PG.NET                Design, Communications, and Technology
                           Voice: (312) 772-8333
                           Fax:   (312) 772-9214