Subject: Sorry for the spam, but I have another one
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Goodwin - Tech Support <goodwin@Interpath.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1996 08:30:17
I could probably post this question to a mac newsgroup or something, but
I wanted to get some input from people that have actually installed
MacBSD as their primary OS.

What I was wondering is: if I want to have no Mac OS partition on my
drive (one of the FAQs said this will work), what do I need to do?  I
have the APS Power Tools Utility.  I assume that I can start up with a
CD-ROM, for example, pop a floppy in with APS on it, and partition the
drive appropriately, then... what?  Do I need to have the Mkfs, the
Install Utility, and the Booter on the floppy as well?  And, once I've
gone through all that stuff, do I need to already have all the binaries
for everything (the kernel, the base distribution, etc) on more
floppies?  If so, what's the easiest/best way to do this?  If not,
someone clue me in, please.

Dave

Dave Goodwin                                Interpath Technical Support
(919) 890-6305                                  711 Hillsborough Street
(800) 890-6305                                  Raleigh, NC  27603-1605
email: goodwin@interpath.net     URL: http://www.interpath.net/~goodwin