Subject: Re: file system problem...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1996 22:37:02
>If you are running fsck with the filesystem mounted r/o and you are
>doing a clean shutdown, then I suggest that you run "fsck -c 2 /dev/sd2a"
>from single-user mode and then reboot.  That will update your filesystem
>so that the installer won't work well with it, but it should fix this
>annoyance.

Uh, well...I tried that.  I've got another problem now.  It still says on
reboot that my filesystem is not clean.  So, I ran fsck.  Here's my new
error:

** /dev/rsd2a
BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
Floating point exception - core dumped

I ran fsck -b 32 /dev/sd2a and marked the file system clean.  Same problem
again...

I ran fsck -c /dev/sd2a in single-user mode.  I was mounted as r/w at the
time.

Solutions?  Hints?

Thanks,

Jon