Subject: Re: Serial boot on PB550c
To: Takashi HAMADA <pm6@apricot.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 22:30:14
> To check which controler PB550c use, I investigated the Gesutalt value
> of Hardware attributes, it said that PB550c uses the 5380 chip!!!

Wow...  I wonder what other PBs also use that chip...  Does anyone know
of a "Mac Models List" or something like that that might be more recent
than mine?  Mine is Mac Facts II, dated 5/15/95, and claims to be the
last version (from this guy, anyway).

> panic: Bus error
> Stopped at: 1      _Debugger+0x6367 :  unlk    a6
> files, 21866 used, 17493 free (45 frags, 2181 blocks, 0.1% fragmentation)
> db> trace
> _Debugger(22598,af26c,a98ba8,0,a98bdc) + 6
> _panic(af26c) + 34
> _trap(0,a5,c0a000) + 1c4
> _addrerr(788800,0,2000,96cc000) + bc
> _ncr5380_scsi_cmd(788800,0) + 1f12

OK.  I think you might be seeing the same thing that Mamoru (sp?)
was seeing with his IIci + Daystar/040 board.  You might also try
the for.yama kernel in puma's pub/outgoing/briggs directory.  If
you do, please let me know if it works better for you.

For those of you who are beginning to use the 040 code, I must warn
you that it has not been stressed at all and you may find bugs that
others have not seen.

Cheers,
-allen

--