Subject: Re: Support for Dual Ether Passthrough (Firewalling)??
To: Tank <Tank@pg.net>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber3.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 19:53:21

> >Well the supposed Apple card that I got did not work. It looks almost
> >identical to 3COM's cards, and I called the place I got it from and
> >complained that it didn't say apple on it any where. They say it does, and
> >I'll check when I get home. I am starting to wonder if it is the card after
> >all, or something with my MacII, although I am sure that there are others
> >using ethernet with MacII's
>
> Yes, I am using the Asant=E9 cards in a MacII, and they work great!
>
> >The struggle goes on....
>
> Hang tough.
>

>Well, it turns out that the card is an apple card after all, drat, Now I am reallly at a loss about what is wrong. It is a pretty old card, dated 1989, but other people have said that apple cards work ok. I do notice that the kernel does not recognize the card at boot time, I mean it knows that there is a card there, but it doesn't recognize what kind it is. What do yo see when you boot up?

I am ready to let someone else try one of the three card that I now have that do not work. That would confirm that it is the card, not something else. They are thin net, not 10bT, so you probably cant use em..

Are you the guys that make PlanetX?? Someone on #netbsd mentioned that it lets you run a Mac desktop in an Xwindow? If that is true, I could get a Unix box at work:)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Brad