Subject: Re: device not configured
To: Paul Saab <paul@brahe.phys.unm.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 14:46:18
On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Paul Saab wrote:

> I am using ABDTEST #90 kernel. The problem I am having is when I try
> using ifconfig here is the error I get.
>
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured.
>
> I am using an ASANTE external SCSI ethernet port also.
>
> Can someone please tell me if I can fix this problem and how.

Paul,
Support for Ethernet is limited to certain cards right now.

I don't think that anyone has started on working on support for the
external SCSI ethernet boxes (Can anyone correct that?)

	--John

P.S. What type of machine are you using, Paul? I'd like to add it to my
     working list (not including ethernet, of course) for the ADBTEST
     kernels if it's not already.

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504