Subject: Re: device not configured
To: Paul Saab <paul@brahe.phys.unm.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 12:15:28

> I am using ABDTEST #90 kernel. The problem I am having is when I try
> using ifconfig here is the error I get.
>
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured.

Sounds like an unconfigured Ethernet adapter.

> I am using an ASANTE external SCSI ethernet port also.
>
> Can someone please tell me if I can fix this problem and how.

Unfortunately the problem is that we don't support SCSI
ethernet devices. I wish we did, as my IIsi only has one NuBus
slot, and the monitor driver is going in there. :-)

The only way to fix the problem would be to write a driver for
the device, which is a big deal if you're not up to speed on
kernel driver writing.

Take care,

Bill