Subject: Re: IIsi & shutdown -h
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 09:22:46
On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I'm wondering if it's just me, or do other IIsi owners notice that
> netbsd doesn't turn off the power when you do a shutdown -h?

Bill,
Ouch. I knew this was going to bite me.

I don't think the IIsi ever shutdown by itself. (At least, mine never did)
The reason is that the IIsi actually uses a ADB-like command to turn the
power off. This weekend, I got the code working that would send the poweroff
command to the ADB chip.

However, I decided last night that I didn't have time to rebuild another kernel
before I went to bed, so the new kernel that is on my page today does not
have the shutdown code in it. Actually, the code in in there, and in the
adbpatchkit.110, but nothing actually calls it to do the shutdown.

I'll try to get a new one up tonight.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504