Subject: Some Questions.
To: NetBSD - Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Angel Orille Franz <angel@fox.fzg.mw.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1996 01:35:33
Hi,

1) I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to mount a NetBSD directory
   with my Linux-Box over nfs (the other way it works very well),
   so I would apreciate if anyone could give me a hand.
   I have in /etc/netstart the Server and Client enabled and I also
   made sure that the rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd and rpc.ugidd
   daemons are started on both machines.
   The problem is when I type "mount mac:/home /mnt" I get
   the following syslog-messages:

MacBSD-debug:
Feb 26 00:11:31 Mac nfsd:[192]: nfssvc: Function not implemented
Feb 26 00:12:32 Mac nfsd:[189]: can't register tcp with portmap

Linux-Debug:
Feb 26 00:38:42 DarkStar kernel: NFS server Mac not responding, still trying

My /etc/exports file on the Mac has one basic entry: "/home -ro";
is this correct or do I have to include more options and if yes,
wich ones (I'm somehow confused with the exports-manpage)?

2) Sendmails configuration is giving me a hard time in one point:
   The owner on new arrived mail is always "daemon" instead of the
   user that is supposed to get the mail. Reading the sendmail
   docs, man-pages and the senmail.cf file didn't lead me to success.

Thank you very much to anyone helping me to solve these problems.

Greetings,

Angel Orille Franz