Subject: Re: Q:Support for MacII+Daystar ADB Support in new Kernels?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1996 19:24:26
> On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Tank wrote:
> >         Can anyone tell me if any of the new kernels support the MacII with
> > the Daystar Accelerator?  All kernels I had tried except for the Oct23
> > kernel do not allow any input on the box due to an ADB problem (timing?)...
>
> I am currently attempting to get the ADBTEST kernels working on the models
> that use the Mac II type of ADB interface. This includes II, IIx, IIcx, IIci,
> SE/30, Centris/Quadra 610/650, and a few others.

I'm not having any problems with the -current source with
regards to my Daystar Accelerator and ADB.

I'm still working on supporting turning on the cache.  I can
successfully disable it on boot.  (no more opening up the
control panel anymore!)  I can also enable the external cache
fine, but the code currently has cache coherency problems... :(
I.E. it runs to the first context switch and barfs...

Anybody pay more attention in class during cache discussions than me? :)

Kevin

P.S. I haven't been able to spend too much time on this recently,
because my employer actually thinks I'm there to work. :^)
|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad