Subject: Re: Device not configured
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/1996 08:53:07
On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Julian Bean wrote:

> Except, it cannot fsck /dev/sd1g (/home).  Device not configured.
>
> Is this to do with the new partition map reading code?  disklabel sd1 reports
> disklabel:  warning, unused partition g: size 409600 offset 307296
>
> Or is it a kernel config issue?

Normally the problems with partition due to kernel config issues are because
of how the SWAP devices are configured. For example, the ADBTEST kernels
assume that you have only ONE swap device, and it's on the same drive as '/'.
(This is the GENERIC default, I believe). But if you have a second drive
that you use for SWAP, then you can configure it in the kernel config.

However, this does not apply to normal filesystems, I believe, which would
lead me to believe that it is NOT a kernel config problem.

> P.P.S. I just saw a fifo overrun ;-(

This suprises me, as I am running my IIsi (clock chipped 25MHz - should be
same speed as an LCIII) and have not seen _any_ fifo errors since Bill
changed the interrupt status for the serial stuff a few weeks ago.

Were you typing or moving the mouse a lot when you saw this error? Currently,
the ADB code in the ADBTEST kernels doesn't call the serial interrupt code
after it (the ADB code) has been at splhigh (ints off) for a while. I will
change this in the next ADBTEST, which will hopefully solve the problem.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504