Subject: Re: Kernel compilation
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 09:09:08
>> Originally, it could not find <lib/libkern/libkern.h>, which was included
>> by <sys/systm.h>.  'locate' informed me that the only libkern.h on my
>> filesystem is /usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/libkern.h
>
>Where are you building?  -I../../../.. should be on your command line,
>so <lib/libkern/libkern.h> should be valid.

It was on all compiles except the compat_tty compile.

>> A bunch of them, in <sys/systm.h> complain about structs being declared in
>> parameter lists, which is only a warning, but bad enough when gcc is run
>> with -Werror.
>
>Hmm..  Sounds like you've managed to get partially updated kernel
>sources or something like that...  The kernel compile should not
>be using any files from /usr/include--just ones under /usr/src/sys
>(assuming that you're building there).  Perhaps you could let us
>know where your sources came from and send us the command line (as
>generated by 'make' and the error messages...

You're probably right.  I did have an incomplete SUP, and it keeps on
breaking with errors, which I blame on the old serial drivers.  I will
download one of John's new kernels which have the serial fixes in, and try
and run SUP again.

Then, I'll reconfig and remake.  And come back if it still doesn't work.. ;-)

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |