Subject: Re: 3-button mouse support?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@er7.rutgers.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1996 08:48:31
On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:

> If you are using the JPW kernel, then I don't think 3-button mice
> support is in it.  And sufficiently old MouseMan is known not to
> support Apple Extended Mouse Protocol (I don't know when they changed,
> or if they ever changed at all, but that doesn't make much sense, does
> it?).

The ADBTEST kernels should have the 3-button mouse support. The extdms (sp?)
routines are in there. However, I don't have a Trackman mouse and my
Mouseman seems to be the pre-Apple-Extended-Mouse-Protocol type. It seems
that my Mouseman emulates the extra two buttons (in MacOS, that is) by
pretending that they make up a second "keyboard". We may need a different
type of support to map this "keyboard" to mouse buttons.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504