Subject: Re: 3-button mouse support?
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1996 19:26:04
> It has been a long time since I last saw any discussion of this, but
> is anyone using a 3-button mouse successfully with a current kernel? I
> have a logitech mouse, but it is not recognized.

Hmm, I've been using my Logitech TrackMan as a 3-button mouse for
months.  What does the kernel say in the booting messages?  Mine
says:

adb: extended mouse <LT01> 3-button 200 dpi trackball at 3

If it just reports

adb: 100dpi mouse at 3

then your mouse does not support Apple Extended Mouse Protocol.

> Any thoughts?

If you are using the JPW kernel, then I don't think 3-button mice
support is in it.  And sufficiently old MouseMan is known not to
support Apple Extended Mouse Protocol (I don't know when they changed,
or if they ever changed at all, but that doesn't make much sense, does
it?).

ken