Subject: Kernel compilation
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1996 22:40:19
I'm beginning to feel pretty stupid here...

I've read the kernel how-to off puma, and I am trying to build a kernel.

I have made a config file, run config, run make depend, and I am running make.

I fixed earlier an apparent problem in ser.c, and now the compile breaks
badly in compat/common/common_tty.c.

Originally, it could not find <lib/libkern/libkern.h>, which was included
by <sys/systm.h>.  'locate' informed me that the only libkern.h on my
filesystem is /usr/src/sys/lib/libkern/libkern.h, so I changed the #include
in <sys/systm.h> to have an absolute pathname.  However, I suspect that may
only have been a symptom of a larger problem, because there are now more
errors:

A bunch of them, in <sys/systm.h> complain about structs being declared in
parameter lists, which is only a warning, but bad enough when gcc is run
with -Werror. (struct proc,struct tty,struct timeval)  Also, there are a
couple in <sys/proc.h> which complain about p_realtimer,p_rtime having
incomplete types, and in compat_tty.c ENOTTY is undeclared.

Have I got screwed up include files?  It looks a bit like that to me.  I
tried a cd /usr/src/include and make install to see if my include files
were out of sync with the rest of my source tree, but it didn't appear to
help.

Any ideas, anyone?

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |(jelibean@jmlbhome.demon.co.uk)|  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The Other Place - n. (pop.) Depending on the affiliation of the     |
|  speaker, one of Oxford, Cambridge, The House of Lords, The House of |
|  Commons, Hell.  Draw your own conclusions.                          |