Subject: Re: How to PPP?
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1996 09:59:49
> In the interest of posing useless questions that won't ever affect me,
> are there any standardized scripts to model off of?  I know there are
> variations because of various servers, but the differences would be
> tweaks rather than writing something from scratch.  I assume that
> something like this exists somewhere, but perhaps it should be FAQ
> material.

I've been passing around copies of the ppp configuration files which
Paul Goyette sent me a few months ago. They work rather well, and
follow the "standard" way of doing things (there's a chat script, an
up scrit, a down script, etc).

I want to put them up as a how-to, but haven't had time to finish the
documentation as I'm trying to get us a new serial driver (yes, another
one). There's a move afoot to make the driver machie independent (as
the sun3, spark, mac68k, atari, pmax, and alpha ports all use the
same serial chip - wow, that's about half of the ports).

I'll try to get them up this week. Also, someone else is working on a
more-indepth FAQ, I believe.

Take care,

Bill