Subject: Help with X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Bell <dbell@hops.cs.jhu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1996 22:11:40
I'm new to MacBSD, and I'm having problems getting X to run. I've installed all
the binaries in the appropriate places (I think) and made sure all the paths are
correct. When I run "startx" I get this error:

xinit: not found.

When I try to run xinit by itself I get this error:

usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.6.0:no such file or directory.

As far as I know, all the libraries and other pieces have been installed in the
right places. I'm new to NetBSD and this list, so I apologize if this is a
really clueless question. If more specific info on my configuration is
necessary, I'll be happy to provide it.

Cheers,

Daniel Bell