Subject: Victory
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dirk Smulders <Dirk.Smulders@ping.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1996 23:52:34
With this message I wish to compliment all individuals who have or are
working on this port.

I downloaded version 1.0 and went on the mailing list early december.  My
first tries were not overly sucessfull (maciisi-nofpu) but after reading
the mails all the time I "learned"  a lot.  I downloaded 1.1A about 2 weeks
ago and "hey prompto" started to have succes.  I now downloaded kernel
"generic52" and sofar have succesfully compiled dt (with french keyboard) ,
procp, bash "out of the box" and they all work! amazing. Now onto X11..

So thank you everybody.

Small question though, if I really want to have the french keyboard mapping
in stead of US when I first log in, I assume i will have to build my own
kernel?

Dirk