Subject: Re: Why not on Mac II FX?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1996 12:33:32
On Feb 16,  3:13pm, Valtteri Vuorikoski wrote:

>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
>
> This is MIME quoted-printable. If there's an RFC against using 8-bit
>characters, then there should be an RFC stating that people who use
>quoted-printable should be taken behind the sauna and terminated.

When I see it in the body of messages, it's merely annoying.  When it
crops up in code (bug reports, patches), it's downright disgusting.
Several days ago, someone sent a message to one of the lists that
contained a fair amount of code, and every '=' was translated to '=3D'.

Yuck.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.
		-- Doug Larson