Subject: Re: P460, ADBTEST #78, X11R6 vm-problem
To: Helge Haas <haas@drfmc.ceng.cea.fr>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1996 10:51:08
On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Helge Haas wrote:

> My machine is a P460 68030/33Mhz 12M Ram without FPU

<snip>

> Any idea about this ?

> P.S.: To John Wittkoski: The ADBTEST #90 and #91 don't work on my P460:
>         The two complain about the filesystem which I should check MANUALLY
>         (It couldn't find a second partition (sd1g) on the same disque whereas
>         #78 does without any problems)
>
>         The ADBTEST #90 doesn't support my keyboard (like the #77) but the
>                 ADBTEST #91 permits me to use it but their remains the problem
>                 with the filesystem !
>                 So I switched back to the "old" #78 kernel

Helge,
In regards to the memory problems AND the filesystem problems:
When you boot with #78, is the kernel name "/netbsd"?

As a test, could you try moving /netbsd to /netbsd.78 (or /netbsd.boot),
then rename the #91 kernel to /netbsd.

I have heard reports of strange problems with various memory and filesystem
issues if the running kernel is not /netbsd.

Thanks for all the help!

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504