Subject: Re: Still trying to boot multiuser
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1996 22:20:36
> Well, if it failed part-way through boot and got turned off, that could
> very well cause filesystem corruption like that which you are seeing.
>
> I don't think your stuck with single-user, but w/o some idea what's
> going on, it's hard to suggest anything.
>
> Which kernel are you booting with?  You might want to use one of the
> recently built ones as 1.1 does have problems with SCSI accesses.

I am booting with one made by Walter Reutten. It is made with the
powerbook specially in mind. With the original 1.1, it wouldn't even boot
in single user mode, on the external terminal.  I'm not sure if his
kernel is based off of 1.1 or if it has been updated since then to
reflect the status of the current changes + his modifications.  I'll try
to get around to reformatting, and booting again so I have the actual
error to ask about.  I thought I would make sure it was reproducable so I
originally didn't pay too much attention to how far it got just that it
made it farther than it had before, and that it didn't make it all the
way.  When I tried it again, it couldn't make it very far at all, because
I corrupted so many files.

,oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
0       Adam Forsyth        0                                0
0  Luther College SPO 713   0   e-mail: forsytad@luther.edu  0
0    Decorah IA  52101      0    phone: (319) 387-2489       0
0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
0    web: http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/73086/home.html    0
`oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'