Subject: Further questions on compiling a kernal...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason W. Fogt, IVCF Virtual Ministries <jwfogt@woodward-226.rh.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1996 19:00:22
Steve Allen wrote back that NFS was simply GENERIC with both NFSSERVER
and NFSCLIENT turned on.  Having already tried that (without success) I
determined that the source code I had was one with bugs of some sort in
it.  So, I sup'ed both ksrc-common and ksrc-mac68k from sup.netbsd.org.
I then copied GENERIC to a file I called NFS3, turned both NFSSERVER and
NFSCLIENT on, and changed the number of bpf's to 24.  I then proceeded to
compile a kernal.
	When I tried to boot this kernal, it made it the automatic file
system checks.  It checked rsd2a (the root device) and rsd1d (/usr) with
no problems.  It did report that scsi device #2 (rsd1) doesn't support
linked commands, which was new, but I remember reading earlier on this
list that that wasn't a problem.  When it tried to check rsd1g (/var),
though, it kicked me into single-user mode with the explaination that
some unplanned event had occurred.  It stated that /dev/rsd1g was not
configured.  What does this mean ?  What do I have to fix to get
/dev/rsd1g to be configured ?  I really don't want to spend the rest of
my life compiling kernals that don't work...

Thanks for all your help.  I really do appreciate NetBSD (I must.. I
wouldn't go through such trouble for an OS I didn't like..).

Jason Fogt
jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu