Subject: Re: Fvwm and Xwindows
To: David <david@mono.org>
From: Dave Mays <dave@dave.home.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1996 11:40:44
On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, David wrote:

> 	Have you made sure you have the system fvwmrc file or a .fvrmrc in
> 	your home dir?
>

> On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Sean Murphy wrote:
>
> > I saw some discussion of trying to get fvwm working, so I downloaded the
> > source and compiled it.  It seems to have compiled fine, but when I try to
> > run it, it locks up the computer.  It still gets the mouse movement and
> > appears to get the keystrokes, but can't do anything with them.  Any ideas?

Well....  I just compiled FVWM, and had no prob.  Did you:

xmkmf
make
make install
make install.man

???

Also, you might want to copy the system.fvwmrc ~/.fvwmrc

JUst a couple of thoughts.  Check your .xinitrc to see if it's starting
any clients...  Wait - it may just be SLOOOOOOOOW.

Hope this helps!

Dave