Subject: Serial Cable
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Gould <mark@piranha.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1996 04:28:15
I've got an old PC/XT I want to use as a dumb terminal, my girlfriend
wants her Classic back ;-)

I'm trying to make up a cable to hook the two together but I'm not sure
which bit is attached to which, is this correct?

        Mac mini-din                            PC/XT 25 pin

        1       Handshake Output
        2       Handshake Input
        3       Transmit Data -         --->    5       CTS
        4       Ground                  --->    7       GND
        5       Receive Data -          --->    4       RTS
        6       Transmit Data +         --->    3       RXD
        7       General Purpose Input
        8       Receive Data +          --->    2       TXD

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA,
        Mark

Mark Gould                     mark@piranha.demon.co.uk