Subject: Pine, uncompress, & segmentation faults
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Milo Sharp <milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 12:48:42
	Yup.  It's me again.  =)

	After my run-in with the resolv.conf file, which I have up and
running properly now, thanks to the kind denizens of the list, I'm having
trouble getting Pine running on my Mac.  It's not the readfile problem --
I've got that message archived and I'm ready to apply the patch.  It's
not the compilation -- everything I've compiled with gcc so far has
worked fine.

	I can't get the damn file uncompressed!  I downloaded
pine3.91.tar.Z from ftp.cac.washington.edu and am attempting to
uncompress it to .tar format.  Everytime I do so, at one specific point,
it gives me a segmentation fault and core dumps.  I've repeated it
several times, with multiple copies of the file from
ftp.cac.washington.edu, and it always errors and leaves me with
pine3.91.tar with a size of exactly 17956864 bytes.  Apparently this
isn't the complete file, because although tar -xf will work on it, it
doesn't create the entire structure it should.

	Any suggestions?  I've got the uncompress.core file if anyone needs
to see it.

---

Milo (Michael) Sharp
milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu
http://icecube.acf-lab.alaska.edu/~fxmcs/
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."