Subject: Re: Serial Ports, PPP, and kernels
To: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <henry.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 12:32:32
>6> Are there plans for supporting XDM?  If not, in a couple of months I may
>want to start working on it.  Who should I contact concerning this?

I've been out of this list for a while, so correct me if I'm wrong, but . . .

The problem with XDM is almost always the password encryption code, which
is not exportable.  The specific routine is crypt(), and it comes with the
security tarball (in a different distribution subdirectory).  You can only
get this stuff legally if you are in the US (and maybe Canada).  If you can
get it, then install that tarball, and the ported X source code and XDM
should compile the same as any other X client.

Of course then you have to install it, which takes a bit of tinkering with
rc files, but I think there are notes on how to do that with the program.

Signature under construction, sorry.  hotz@binky.jpl.nasa.gov