Subject: Re: Help setting up access to name server...
To: Milo Sharp <milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1996 00:59:34
> 	MacBSD doesn't know how to access my nameserver, and I don't
> really know how to tell it where to look.  Our nameserver is
> 137.229.16.20.  Do I need to put an entry into hosts?  Help, please!

create/edit /etc/resolv.conf to be the following:

;configure domain name service
;the following should be a comma-separated list of domains to search
search alaska.edu
nameserver 137.229.16.20

That should be about all it takes, except for the fact that named needs
to be turned on in /etc/netstart.  Once you have your resolv.conf written
out, you can kill -HUP named to make it recognize any changes you make.

I hope this helps.

Later.