Subject: Re: Still no luck with mounting root
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1996 02:18:10
On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > only 2 a/ux partitions on it (scottr made it clear that only a/ux
> > partitions count in NetBSD's limit of 8).  here's a recap of the error I get.
>
> I think scottr is mistaken if he says that only A/UX partitions are
> counted in the 8 partition limit on the mac68k.  NetBSD reads the
> first 8 partitions and assigns them.  This code does need to change...
>
> Can you tell me how things are partitioned.
	Be glad to.  Here is the list.  I assume size of partitions
aren't important.  Here are all the types and titles as is important

Apple_partition_map
Apple_Driver43
Apple_HFS
Apple_HFS
Apple_HFS
Apple_HFS
Apple_HFS
Apple_UNIX_SVR2 (A/UX Root&Usr slice 0) (Named: A/UX Root)
Apple_UNIX_SVR2 (A/UX Swap slice 1) (Named: Swap)
Apple_Free

As you can see, the root partition appears on my partition map (assuming
my partitioning program is dispalying ALL the partitions) as 8th, and the
swap space as 9th. Is THIS the problem? I want to know before I start
re-arranging my partitions.  Thanks for your help.

alannon@cafe.net