Subject: Re: Booting multi-user
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
From: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 19:36:48
On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:

> Do you have an FPU?  If not, it's possible that your IIsi's taking
> forever to do something.  However, if the point where it freezes
> varies time to time, then there may be another reason or two, or
> three.

I don't think it has one.  I've been using it on the PowerBook mostly,
because thats mine.  The IISI belongs to where I work, so I just tried
it out since it was a supported system to se if it would boot multi user.

 > > What if you don't use the serial console?  1.1 runs fine on
IIsi > without serial console (i.e. with the internal video and the ADB
> devices).

I only boot serial console on the PowerBook.  On the IISI, i booted
single user, and it worked, Tried to boot Multi user and it froze.  Both
attempts on the IIsi were using the regular screen, and keyboard (Not
Serial Console)

> If you're running older 1.0 or 1.0A, I strongly suggest you
upgrade > your binaries to 1.1A.  You can get a reasonably current binary
> snapshot from ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/w/wormey/netbsd/.

I'm running 1.1, is 1.1 a newer kernel than that that I should upgrade to?
,oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
0       Adam Forsyth        0                                0
0  Luther College SPO 713   0   e-mail: forsytad@luther.edu  0
0    Decorah IA  52101      0    phone: (319) 387-2489       0
0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
0    web: http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/73086/home.html    0
`oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'