Subject: Still no luck with mounting root
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 16:25:31
	Okay, to date, I have tried 6 different kernels, including one
compiled for me by scottr, and we have worked out that it's NOT the scsi
problem people have been having before. It's on a 3 gig drive, and I have
only 2 a/ux partitions on it (scottr made it clear that only a/ux
partitions count in NetBSD's limit of 8).  here's a recap of the error I get.

changing root device to sd1a
(next line I get depending on the version of the kernel, later ones give it)
sd1(ncrscsi 0:3:0) Does not support linked commands.
panic: cannot mount root

If anyone has ANY ideas on what the problem is, please get in contact
with me.  I have a IIci, so this SHOULD be simple.  I have no exotic
hardware or any strange scsi buses.  TIA, again

Alannon@cafe.net