Subject: GENERIC#52 not swapping ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1996 20:47:44
Hello,

I've just noticed that my mac (running GENERIC#52 kernel and 1.1 stuff)
does not swap. I have 17 MB installed in my machine and configured 60 MB
swap (sd0b). The swap partition is /etc/fstab. Whenver I issue the command
pstat -s I get always the same info: 4 blocks used.
I've written a small C program that simply grabs as much memory it can get.
It will always stops at 15MB.
What's wrong here ? Should I try another kernel ?

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
email:lutz@muc.de          ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
http://www.muc.de/~lutz    fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.