Subject: Re: MacBSD for performa 630 ?
To: Roberto de Iriarte <roberto@nexus.chilenet.cl>
From: Olivier GALIBERT <Olivier.Galibert@mines.u-nancy.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1996 10:21:10
> As the subject says, has anybody installed NetBSD-m68k
> successfully on a 630 ?
> I know that the 630 has a 68040 cpu, and therfore not
> officially supported, but we'd like to know, and help
> if possible, of the progress of the 040 kernel.
> Please send me some info.

I'm working on the port, but I don't have much time to, and
not having the Mac connected to the LAN sucks a lot.

Anyway, the main problems are :
- ADB
- IDE

IDE is not a so difficult problem. Apple's driver seems to be
fairly standard, I've almost finished decompiling it. Not having
a DMA makes it a bit ugly, but heh...

ADB (and all the fucking mrg concept...) is less easy. I've succeded
in going past InitEgret() (ignoring SetTrapAddress and EgretDispatch)
but it crashes without telling anything in ADBReinit now...

Anyway, I'll me it work one day, but I don't know when...

  Sarayan