Subject: Best kernel for IIcx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin v Weissenberg <mweissen@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1996 11:37:33
Hello.  I'm evaluating NetBSD 1.1 but with feeble success.
Installation and setup has been pretty straight-forward but the system
is not stable.  The problem is that the computer "hangs" after it has
been idle for some hours, usually at night.  The "hang" is not always
complete; sometimes the system answers to pinging (but not to telnet
requests) and keyboard input is displayed (but not interpreted) on the
console, sometimes the mac is completely dead to the world.  Any
suggestions?  Also, interrupt + "call sync" + "call halt" very seldom
works.

Which kernel do you recommend?  I'm currently using netbsd.GENERIC.52
and have tried GENERIC.11, netbsd11-patched and some other kernels.

The computer setup is: IIcx 8/80, external 500M IBM SCSI drive ID=1,
Apple Mac II Display card + 13" monitor, Ethernet card (probably
Apple), extended keyboard + ADB mouse.

--Martin

Martin von Weissenberg   <mvw@hut.fi>   http://www.hut.fi/~mweissen
OCKLE, n.: An electrical switch which appears to be off in both positions. (DA)