Subject: Re: X11 Libraries....
To: Markus Hitter <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
From: Dave Mays <st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1996 02:44:36
Markus Hitter said some stuff.....
 > > On Feb 6, 9:00am, Dave Mays wrote:
> > Subject: X11 Libraries....
> > So, I'm trying to compile Mosaic.  It's not working, because I don't have
 > > the .  Where can I get this?  I'm super-unhappy that > > this has
been giving me grief all night to find out
now that I can't do > > anything more.....  Any ideas? > > > > >
/usr/X11/lib/Xm is the motif stuff. It's payware and not ported to
Mac-NetBSD > as far as I know. But some days ago somebody spoke about
Mosaic for the Mac: > > > > > I downloaded a version of mosaic for amiga
that worked on my mac. > > Somebody who reads this list posted it.  For
now, I've stuck it on > > ftp://othello.sph.berkeley.edu/incoming > > > >
Mosaic-2.6-2.bin10a.readme. > > Mosaic-2.6-2.bin10a > > > > Look around in
there. > > > > Hope that helps > > Markus > > -- >
Well, I actually have this binary, and it *mostly* works.  It gives em a
bunch of errors, and crashes frequently with large coredumps.  I'm more
prone to believe that it's Mosaic than my computer or NetBSD, since
otherwise, my machine is very stable....  But, thatnks for the input!
I'm now downloading a more recent lesstif set, and I'll try it out again,
now that I know  a few more things about what I'm doing, relative to
installing things on my system.  I think that some of the reason why
Lesstif may have not worked was due to my own semi-incompetence in
installing it.  So, I'm giving it another shot.  I actually think I may
have misspoken about it the other day..... due to my frustration.....
Oh well.

Dave