Subject: Re: X11 Libraries....
To: Joshua D. Freier <jdf2026@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
From: Dave Mays <dave@dave.home.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1996 20:13:00
On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Joshua D. Freier wrote:

> Dave,
>  Xm, I believe, is a motif library. Since motif costs $$$$$$$, it is not
> part of the standard X distribution. Motif is not available anyways so it
> does not matter. Look into Lesstif, a free motif replacement. It is still
> under development but I THINK that it will compile the most recent verions
> of NCSA mosaic. (I don't know if they run though... sorry.) Try looking
> for lesstif at http://www.hungry.com or do a yahoo search on lesstif.

And, of course - I just deleted Lesstif 'cos it sucked.  I couldn't get
it to install properly.  I think I'll go for a newer version of it and
see what that does for me.  I've been installing software on this thing
like mad for the past week or so.  It's a lot of fun hacking up Makefiles
that were meant for Suns so I can compile on my IIsi.... :)

Dave