Subject: Finally, Apple supports a free UN*X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1996 11:25:21
Hiya,

I just saw this news on one of comp.sys.mac.* groups, and immediately
accessed the said web site at http://www.mklinux.apple.com/.

To quote from the site:

In keeping with the spirit of the Linux community, Apple and OSF will
make the source code for this Linux port freely available. This
includes source code to the Mach microkernel and the required
Macintosh platform driver support. Linux is distributed throughout the
world over the Internet and other means, generally through the GNU
General Public License, which allows people to use it and change it so
long as no further restrictions are imposed and that the source code
is made available.

Which means we'll be able to use whatever in the source for
NetBSD/PowerMac.  Of course, it'll be easier to recompile Lites
on the OSF/Mach MK than to port NetBSD, though... ;-)

ken