Subject: Re: MacBSD with SyQuest 270 removable
To: Miyakawa Makoto <miyakawa@gol.com>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1996 18:31:25
>Hi!
>I've installed MacBSD 1.1 on my SE/30 with internal HD
>and it worked fine. Further I've done with SyQuest 270MB removable as root,
>however it's unstable with Input/Output Error.
>Back to single-user mode, 'fsck -p' said INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT,
>BLK(S) MISSING IN BIT MAPS, SUMMARY INFORMATION BAD etc,
>and went into debugger often.

I have NetBSD 1.1 running on my IIvx on an external 270 MB SyQuest. The
problem is most likely the kernel you are using. Most of the new kernels on
puma don't work on a SyQuest. You can have my kernel if you like.

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Bjorn Andersen - bjorn@daimi.aau.dk
http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/
I don't know why \ I'm always inclined \ To end on a happy note
Though the point may be mute \ Like a ten year old boy
With his throat \ And his dreams \ Ripped out by wolves