Subject: Re: Ethernet Card
To: Steven T. More <more@oswego.Oswego.EDU>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1996 09:03:55
On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Steven T. More wrote:

> I get as far as:
>
> PRAM 0x3161cc0e, macos_boottime:0x3161cc02
>
> Then just sits there.....
>
> Thanks

I had exactly the same problem with my IIsi using both Generic #2
and Generic #5.  I think it's some strange bug that only appears
on a handful of systems, perhaps only on systems in which the
ethernet card isn't configured (possible reason why Allen Briggs's
IIsi works) or doesn't exist.

Since I haven't tried the ADBtest kernel #132, I can't recommend it,
thoguh it might work.  If you have time to download it, try it and let me
know if the problem occurs.  Regardless, however, ADBtest #110 definitely
worked for me.  Try downloading that one.

You can find it at:

ftp://ftp.microserve.com/popaccts/h/jpw/www/kernels/old/ADBTEST.110.gz

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |