Subject: Re: LW4/600 PS
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard C. Graul <graul@netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1996 14:30:30
>        Does anyone have a 4/600 hooked up to their system and working
>properlY?  I cant get mione to respond...is the light suppose to blink if
>i were to cat a file to /dev/tty01?    Well..it doesn't...i want to use
>nenscript or whatever i need to print ASCII files to it with that 2
>column deal going.  SOmeone help!

If I'm not mistaken, the LW 4/600 has a LocalTalk interface, not a
serial interface.  Currently, NetBSD does not support LocalTalk, but
rather, requires that the printer have a serial interface.  As far as
I know, it is not currently possible to use this printer with NetBSD
without some kind of interface adapter.  If anyone out there knows
otherwise, please correct me.

Rick