Subject: Re: Swap!?
To: Mack Nagashima <mackn@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1996 10:12:29
On Feb 1,  1:48am, Mack Nagashima wrote:
>On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Steve Allen wrote:
>> No, I configure WORMHOLE to swap on sd0b and vnd0a, and dump on sd1b.
>
>	Well..this is my SCSI chain...
>ID#0	40M HDisk
>ID#1	540M HDisk
>ID#2	360M HDisk w/ 150root&usr 20swap
>
>	I picked up the Generic 52 kernel and things seem ok.

This shows exactly what is going on...  Since you installed to sd2,
your fstab correctly specified swap to be on sd2b.  WORMHOLE is
configured explicitly to put swap on sd0b.  When the fstab said to
mount swap on sd2b, WORMHOLE rightfully complained that sd2b was
not configured.  GENERIC allows the swap to be anywhere.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

If two men agree on everything, you may be sure that one of them is
doing the thinking.
		-- Lyndon Baines Johnson