Subject: Re: [Q] Who knows drive inof about PD drive
To: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1996 14:05:39
> >MKFS failed in what way?  What was the error message like?
>
> Most of the disk information was set blank on default, except
> Sector Size=0, Sector/Track=40, Tracks/cylinder=0, Num cylinders=0,
> and File System Size=(partition size /512).  I also re-set sector size to
> 512, but I cannot format.

Then, maybe you can make up a fictitious geometry.  You know the
capacity, right?  Then you make up two numbers tpc and noc such
that tpc*noc*40*512=capacity.  If it doesn't work, then...

> >(I suspect that the PD drives are popular only in Japan... at least I
> >don't remember seeing any ad of it in the US)
>
> Funny!  I bought it from _USA_!  (It was the way to get PD drives more
> chieaper than buying in Japan.  Sigh.)

Duh, I haven't seen any PD ad because I don't see *any* ad at all
anymore... X-) It must be more popular in the US than I thought.

ken