Subject: Re: Serial fix
To: Mark I. Eisenstat <eisen@valinor.oceana.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1996 22:19:03

> The serial fix doesn't seem to be working on my IIsi - instead of the odd
> character being stripped, it now strips almost all characters almost all
> the time, letting the odd one through (one in every few hundred, possibly)...

More info, please! What kernel are you using, and what exactly is
going on? Since I developped the new serial code on my IIsi, it
shouldn't be a hardware problem. :-) Though someone else has
been complaining about problems too. I think the problem seems
to be ring overflows, which means that some program is hanging out
with interupts off for a while.

Take care,

Bill