Subject: Compiling Pine Was: Etc...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason W. Fogt, WWC RCA <jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1996 21:55:44
On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:
>
> > I don't know about pine and pico, but ircII wasn't a problem either.
>
> Pine and pico are created using the same make.  Don't make BSD, make NBD
> I think or something that's obviously netbsd.  It does build with no
> problem.

I tried compiling Pine and its related programs (the three letter code
build needs was neb), but Pine doesn't appear to be working happily on my
system.  It refuses to recognize any of the 3 configuration files, and
when I try to compose a message, it goes into "attach file" and then when
I try to exit that, it crashes shortly after.

Someone mentioned that there was perhaps some patch that needed to be
made to the source.  Does anyone know of where I could find this, or even
any version of Pine that would work on my system ?

Oh, I am running a IIci, MacBSD 1.1 (a NFS kernal).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

					Jason Fogt

Jason W. Fogt             |"What then shall we say in response to this -  If
jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu| God is for us, who can be against us ?" - Rom. 8:31