Subject: Re:Partitioning?
To: netbsd-mac68k list <port-mac68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nicholas Riley <nriley@tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/1996 23:23:43
>I have Silverlining. Will this work for aux partitioning? Also, i know i
>need a root&user partition and a swap partition. how much should each be
>(im willing to give up 4-500mbs of my gig) and do they need specific names?

Yeah, I used silverlining for my SE/30.  Works fine.

This new serial driver sounds great - I tried to do PPP through my SE/30 by
connecting one port to a 28.8 modem using PPP, then running slirp off the
other port to my PowerBook.  I was lucky to get 300 bps ftp's through that
convoluted setup...heh.  Hopefully I'll find an ethernet card for the SE/30
that's cheap enough sometime, that way I can ease up the load on the serial
ports a little and maybe get the 1 modem/2 computer thing to work.

<sabi

\ Nicholas Riley  \ st951491@pip.cc.brandeis.edu \ sabi@netcom.com \
 \ nriley@tiac.net \ 72531.3633@compuserve.com    \ sabi@nether.net \