Subject: Problems finding Root&Usr partition
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/1996 08:45:35
[ I'm forwarding this message to the list.  It was bounced to the list
  "owner" because it had 'help' in the subject. ]

	I've got NetBSD/Mac installed on a small 40 meg drive (more
maybe, once I know it's working) hooked to a IIci with 20 megs of RAM.
I'm using the GENERIC #52 kernel from puma, and installed base11, etc11,
dt, and tcsh.  I've got a 30mb Root&Usr (I used APS to format/partition),
an 8mb Swap, and 2mb of Mac HFS for booting.  I'm also using Booter 1.9.

	For some reason, everytime I try to boot, it complains that
partition -1 is not found.  The exact quote is:

Booting...Partition -1 is non-existent
Could not open kernel "(0,?)netbsd"

	And then it stops the booting.  Of course, if I boot from a
kernel in MacOS, it works fine, but can't mount root and ends in the
debugger.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've makedev'd
several times, and even use the minishell to force an update of fstab.
It seems fine.  Can anyone help?

---

Milo (Michael) Sharp
milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu
http://icecube.acf-lab.alaska.edu/~fxmcs/
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."