Subject: thanks but...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1996 10:17:10
Thanx to everyone who helped me get past the initial problems. It turns out
that part of the problem was that 32bit mode was off. My next problem is
this now:

it gets to /etc/rc, i see it running thru it setting up various daemons,
until it gets to a point in etc/rc where it says

"can't find linked command sd0" (or something like that), and it repeats
this about 20 time, then gives up and hangs. Does this mean that some
linked file in /dev/ is missing? If so, how on earth am i going to replace
it? I can't see the aux partitions from macos.

Please don't tell me 'reinstall' (a typical mac fix). I'll cry :~-( .it
took about an hour or more to install netbsd and i had to format my hard
disk.

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/macenroe/pub/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)