Subject: Booting IIci & LCII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Milo Sharp <milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/1996 16:24:10
	I'm attempting to get a IIci and an LCII with a Daystar Upgrade
booted off a MacOS kernal, to make sure they're working proper before
going to the trouble of a full install.  (Yes, I know the IIci should
work, and I'm using it as a benchmark against the LC.)

	For both, I'm currently using John Wittowski's netbsd.11.28,
which seemed like the most current version.  On the LCII, I get as far as
"Video address 0x50f40000 -> 0x8b8000."  On the IIci, it goes beyond that
point, gives me a copyright and all, and ends at "adb: calling ADBReInit".

	My question is this:  Is the IIci fully booted?  I'm unable to
get any response to keypresses, but that's quite possibly because there's
no shell to load.  Is the LCII fully booted?  I'd guess no, but again,
I've never seen a fully booted system, so I'm not sure.  It looks like
the LC video is supported, so I would expect it to go at least as far as
the copyright notice if it was.

	As a secondary request, can anyone point me at a kernel that
would work better with these?  From perusing FAQs and recent messages, it
sounds like the Wittowski kernel has the best chances of success on the
LC line, but I could be mistaken.

---

Milo (Michael) Sharp
milo@somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu
http://icecube.acf-lab.alaska.edu/~fxmcs/
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."