Subject: Re: Setup help :)
To: the boogeyman <boogeymn@psyber.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/1996 11:24:55
> Ok, :), here's the deal...I would like to set up MacBSD on my computer...

Cool.

> MacIIsi w/DayStar 030 + FPU
> 16mb RAM

How'd you manage that?  The IIsi has 1MB on-board and I don't know of
any combination of 4 SIMMs that give you 16MB...  ;-)

> I have a boot program, install util and mkfs file on my HD.  what else do
> i need to get started? Do i need to partition my HD? etc... :) thanks for
> all help...

Grab the INSTALL file from the NetBSD 1.1 release directory on
ftp.netbsd.org and read it, then ask for clarification.  You will
need to partition your hard drive.  For the Daystar, you may need
to run an older kernel.  Then again, you may not.  You may also want
to install the latest snapshot instead of 1.1, too, but the process
will be the same--just the files will be different...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>