Subject: IIsi Hangs on Re-boot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Kortge <jkortge@leland.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1996 23:02:30
NetBSD 1.1A 'GENERIC_50' runs fine on my IIsi, but most of the time when I
shut the system down with "shutdown -r now" the following happens:

- normal shutdown stuff (messages, syncing, etc.)
- screen blanks, normal startup "bong"
- couple seconds pause
- "snap" from speaker
- nothing else!

In a normal startup or restart, the standard grey screen appears right
after the "snap", then the happy Mac, etc.  When it hangs like this I must
shut off the power for several minutes, or else the same thing happens
again.  Resetting with control-command-power key combo doesn't help either.
Is this common?  Is there any remedy?

My system:
IIsi, 17 Megs RAM
standard 13 inch Apple monitor
NuBus adapter, Farallon EtherMac II-TN card (ThinNet ether)
internal 80 Meg, external 540 Meg

TIA - Jim Kortge

Jim Kortge                                          Stanford University
<jkortge@leland.stanford.edu>                    Electrical Engineering