Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1996 23:33:53
> I would think that if you can actually ifconfig the interface then the kernel
> is programming the card with the proper IP address. However, that only means
> that _part_ of the kernel support for that card is working. Just because
> the kernel can tell the card what it's IP address is does NOT mean that
> the kernel can send and receive packets from the card properly.

True.  Almost.  I've noticed, though, that sending and receiving appears
to happen as soon as the card is configured.  That may be because of
some traffic on my home network, but I've found that you generally know
immediately upon ifconfig'ing if the interrupts are not being handled
correctly.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **